- Recap group turned their presentation into a quiz show... Fun
- Working with other presenters
- Big, scary topics (Standards & practices...): Give participants the chance (5 minutes even)
Evaluation Visit, actually, now a VERIFICATION Visit
- Small group puzzle activity
- Ashish explained the process after we tried to piece together the process
- Looking for documents? See Coordinator ----> School Services Coordinator
- Questions may well be asked in Category 1 Workshops
- Answer as best you can and then defer to School Services manager in the regional office
Essential Elements for Effective Professional Development
Here are some summary notes on good practices in adult education...
- Every learning activity needs to have a meaningful purpose and adults need to know what that purpose is.
- Trainers must find out the needs of the learners.
- Find out what the participants know, value this and then build on it.
- Adults need to find relevance in the course material.
- Trainers must identify and meet the needs of the participants.
- Adults learning will be maximized if the environment is positive and they feel valued.
- Encourage participation.
- Facilitate learning rather than lecture.
- Arouse curiosity
- Use a sense of humor to disarm and help create an enjoyable learning atmosphere
- Create small discussion groups to encourage participation.
- Respect all participants.
This is a personally created site in no way authorized by the International Baccalaureate.Banner CC Photo Credit: CHINA_152.JPG Some rights reserved by torres21